H2Ocean Salt 6.6kg Tub
H2Ocean Pro+ is a new pro formula aquarium salt - produced by a solar evaporative process which produces a totally natural base salt where all of the main and trace elements are in complete balance as nature intended.
The pure natural salt is then specially enhanced for aquarium use by elevating specific elements that over time become depleted, such as calcium and magnesium which are used by corals and coralline algae for growth.
Free from Nitrate and Phosphate.
6.6Kg Tub for 165 - 200 lts (14.55 lbs for 43-52 US Gallons)
The formulation for H2Ocean+ salt has been developed by D-D following many months of testing and evaluation. The salt is designed to dissolve quickly and easily and to have a specific chemistry which in our opinion is the optimum formulation to maintain a healthy reef and allow regular water changes whilst maintaining a natural balance.
Calcium and Magnesium levels are boosted to replace that used up through coral growth within the aquarium whereas chloride levels are slightly lowered to allow post additions of calcium and magnesium chloride with a minimized affect on the chloride balance.
The volume of salt water that can be made from a single bucket of salt will depend on the final SG that the salt solution is mixed to.
For a reef aquarium we suggest mixing to an S.G: of 1.0268 @ 25°C = 35.5 ppt by using the salt to water ratio given below.
Using a clean container
- Add 1 Kg of H2Ocean+ to 25 litres of water ( 1 Lb to 3.0 U.S. Gallons )
- Mix well until all of the salt is dissolved and the solution is clear.
- We recommend that you aerate for 24 hours and bring to temperature before use.
- Check the S.G. before addition to the aquarium.
- If required add more salt or water to obtain the correct S.G. reading.
- Remember that S.G. changes with temperature.