D-D Professional Complete 39w UV Unit
This products is out of stock in our main warehouse but available from our suppliers and will be despatched as soon as it arrives.
39W Model is equivalent to a conventional 75W UV. The use of type C ultraviolet radiation (UV-C) is the most effective way to sterilise water.
Example on this product 4 months interest free at just £50 per month.
Get this item with 0% interest finance for 4 months using Paypal Credit.
If your basket totals more than £150 you qualify for purchasing through PayPal Credit and your first 4 months is 0% Interest. Its quick and easy to apply for Paypal Credit just a short application form and an instant decision.
39W Model is equivalent to a conventional 75W UV. The use of type C ultraviolet radiation (UV-C) is the most effective way to sterilise water. No chemicals are involved and there is no risk of dangerous overdosing. Long process times are not required as sterilisation is instantaneous. The highly concentrated UV-C. energy exerts a lethal effect on living organisms. It alters the genetic material (DNA) and inhibits their reproduction capability. The germicidal properties of UV-C radiation are therefore extremely beneficial in destroying bacteria, viruses, protozoa, algae, yeasts and mould spores. Different types or pathogens or bacteria require different levels of radiation to either kill or to stop them from functioning and multiplying. D-D U.V. Sterilisers are designed to produce a radiation intensity of 30,000 microwatt's/sec/sq.cm which is sufficient to destroy most common pathogens in fresh and salt water aquariums however if required the intensity can be increased by decreasing the flow rate through the unit. Transmission loss: Many people are aware that quartz is 96-98% transparent to UV-C and that normal glass reduces its transmission by approximately 50%. This is why U.V. Sterilisers have a quartz sleeve between the water and the bulb. What many people are not aware of is that conventional UV sterilisers produce the UV radiation from a conventional glass tube therefore half of the intensity is lost before it even leaves the tube. The D-D Professional UV Sterilisers feature a pure quartz bulb as well as a quartz sleeve so 98% of the UV-C produced is utilised.
In effect the D-D Professional models produce approximately twice as much UV-C per watt than a conventional unit with a glass bulb. This makes the units much more compact and easier to fit into many aquarium cabinets. The remote electronic ballast is very compact and but not shown on the above photograph. Features and Benefits.
- Slim line high intensity quartz bulb with ceramic cap for good thermal insulation.
- Lamp life of 9000 hours for continuous use.
- Electronic Ballast for flicker free operation, doubling the bulb life.
- Pure Quartz sleeve prevents thermal shocks and maintains the lamp at the correct temperature (40-45 C) for maximum UV-C output regardless of the water temperature.
- Reinforced UV resistant plastic body prevents degradation with time.
- Single ended design and waterproof insulation to CE IP67. Allows the unit to be partially submerged in a sump thus reducing the space required for installation.
- Viton gasket for a long term UV resistant seal.
- Model Number - RUW203
- Replacement Bulb - RUW253
- Replacement Sleeve - RUW256
- Wattage - 39 watts
- Flow Rate - 2000 lts/hr
- Dimensions 920mm x 100mm x 140mm
- hose size 19mm
- Reef System - (1-2 times turnover per hour) - 1000 to 2000 litres.
- Fish System - (2-4 times turnover per hour) - 500 to 1000 litres.